1 whole Organic Chicken, giblets removed
1/4c chopped or sliced fresh basil (organic if you can find it)
1/4c organic extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1tbs dijon mustard
5 drops DoTerra Lemon Essential Oil (buy here)
1 drop DoTerra Basil Essential Oil (buy here)
Fresh ground sea salt & cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a roasting pan with foil for easy clean up. Rinse your bird and pat dry. Place on the pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, dijon, fresh basil, lemon oil and basil oil. Add a bit of salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Using your hands, rub the oil mixture all over the bird (on top of the skin and underneath the skin directly on the meat). Add extra salt and pepper to the top of the skin and inside the cavity of the bird.
4. Place in the oven and let roast 25 minutes or until the skin is nice and crispy brown.
5. Reduce the heat to 375 degrees and cook another 20-30 minutes or until the breast reaches 165 degrees and the thigh reaches 180 degrees.
6. Remove from the oven, slice and serve. Delicious with a baked sweet potato and a simple green salad. Done.
What's up with the Essential Oils?
Check out my sister blog Aroma Nurse for more information on the therapeutic power of essential oils and other crazy hippie crap that works.