Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lemon Roasted Asparagus & Peppers

I'm Back!  Thanks to pregnancy & being a new mom this blog has been on the back burner for over a year. Since my last post, I have had a beautiful baby girl Penelope, have been so sleep deprived I thought I might be going crazy, found a passion for natural remedies & aromatherapy (check out my other blog Aroma Nurse ) & have discovered Costco.  Yup, that about sums it up. But seriously, Costco is  amazing!  A big thanks to everyone who uses & enjoys my many recipes. I have been contacted by wonderful people all over the WORLD telling me how much they enjoy my food & how Paleo has changed their lives.  It is so rewarding & inspiring to speak with each & every one of you!  Well I have great news:,I am ready to pick back up where I left off starting with this simple spring side dish.  It is officially the first day of spring after all!  Enjoy!

Perfect to accompany any meal this spring!!!
Ingredients:
1 bunch asparagus, washed, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
2 large red bell peppers, washed, cored, and cut into thin strips
1-2tbs organic extra virgin olive oil
3-4 drops DoTerra lemon essential oil (To read about the benefits of lemon oil see my blog post here.  To purchase go to My DoTerra Wellness Store)
1/4c parmesan cheese (optional)
Sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil.  Spread veggies evenly over the baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl mix lemon essential oil and olive oil.  Pour over veggies and toss.  Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top.
3. Throw them in the oven, check in 10 minutes and stir. Mine took 15-20.  You want them to begin to brown on the bottoms and be fully cooked.  If using parmesan, sprinkle over the top, turn the oven to broil and broil a few minutes longer until cheese melts.  Enjoy!  Enjoy!  Enjoy!  I've made these 3 times already.


No comments:

Post a Comment