|An unusual but amazing combo: you won't regret this one!|
1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs (hormone free of course), cubed
1 onion, sliced or diced
3 green onions sliced, reserve about 1/2 of the green parts
2tbs fresh ginger, minced
6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2tbs sesame oil
2-4tbs tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
1tbs apple cider vinegar
1/3c coconut milk, plus more to taste
Sesame Slaw Ingredients:
1/2 head cabbage, shredded (or buy a preshredded bag at the store)
2tbs apple cider or unseasoned rice vinegar
1 packet Truvia (or 1tbs honey)
juice of 1/2 lemon
2tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
2 green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced
2tsp soy sauce, plus more to taste
1tbs sesame oil
1c roasted almonds
**Note: I made this to taste and didn't measure out my ingredients but this is my best guess. Start out slow, mix up your sauce and adjust to taste to get the flavor profile you like.
1. In a large nonstick skillet melt butter over medium high heat. Add your green onions, ginger, garlic, and regular onion and cook until onions are wilted and browning. Remove from heat.
2. Add your chicken and brown on both sides. Add back in the onion mixture. Add your sesame oil, tamari, and vinegar. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through. Remove the lid and let cook a bit more until any excess liquid is pretty much absorbed.
3. Stir in your coconut milk and simmer until nice and thick.
4. Meanwhile, make your slaw: In a bowl stir your mayo, vinegar, sweetener, lemon, ginger, onion, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Taste and adjust! Place your cabbage in a large bowl, pour dressing over top, and stir well.
5. Serve thickened Thai chicken on top of some slaw and top with lots of almonds for more crunch. Enjoy!