|A simple spring meal for any occasion|
Ingredients (serves 3):
3 boneless wild caught salmon fillets, skin side down
1 1/2tbs stoneground mustard
1 lemon wedge
1 bunch fresh asparagus
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
2tsp dijon mustard
2tsp white wine vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Note: If you like your salmon grilled, you could do this as well but I prefer mine baked since I didn't marinate it ahead of time.
2. In a small bowl, melt 1tbs butter. Mix in stoneground mustard, dill, a squeeze from a lemon and some salt. Mix well and taste to adjust seasonings.
3. Place salmon skin side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread about 1tbs of your mustard butter mixture over each fillet evenly. Place in the center of a pre-heated oven and bake for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness (mine took 15 minutes). Your salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
4. Wash your asparagus, trim the ends and place them on a large tray. Coat them evenly with 1tbs olive oil (alternatively use an olive oil sprayer and coat them well). Sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Place asparagus on the grill and grill until softened and blackened on each side (this takes about 10-15 minutes).
6. While your salmon and asparagus is cooking, heat your remaining tbs butter and tbs oil in a large pan. Add your shallot and cook over medium heat until softened and deep brown. Add a bit of dijon and vinegar and stir well. Season with salt.
7. Serve salmon with grilled asparagus topped with caramelized shallots. Delish!