|A satisfying healthy meal in less than 30 minutes!|
6oz tomato paste
1/4-1/3c tomato sauce (I used the leftover sauce from a can of whole tomatoes)
1/2tsp minced garlic
2tbs apple cider vinegar
1/2tsp dry mustard
1/4tsp fine sea salt
1/4tsp garlic powder
1/4tsp onion powder
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Nutty Slaw Ingredients:
1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
2tbs toasted walnut oil
1tbs apple cider vinegar
2tbs balsamic vinegar
3tbs roasted almond butter (I used Trader Joe's Roasted Almond Butter with Flaxseeds)
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Meanwhile, make your bbq sauce: In a large sauce pan, whisk tomato paste, tomato sauce and water.
2. Add your minced garlic and remaining spices and whisk while bringing to a boil. Continuously whisk while boiling for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Add water if it's too thin. Taste and adjust seasonings.
3. On a foil lined baking sheet or pan, place chicken thighs in a single layer. Using a basting brush, brush the tops of the chicken thighs with a generous amount of sauce. Place in the oven and bake 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. While your chicken is cooking, make the slaw. In a large bowl, place all shredded cabbage.
5. In a food processor, add oil, vinegars, almond butter and water. Pulse until smooth. Pour over the cabbage. Toss well. Season with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Serve chicken with extra sauce and slaw. Enjoy!