Friday, November 25, 2011

Chocolate Almond Cherry Clusters

I have made these little nuggets a million times.  I originally used the recipe from Ellie Krieger's book So Easy, but modified it a bit to make it my own.  These are a hit with every single person I've ever made them for... even my father-in-law-the-ultimate-picky-eater.  I set these out on Thanksgiving Day and they didn't last long.  You will LOVE them.  Enjoy!

Dried Cherries, Chocolate, and Almonds make this the perfect treat

Ingredients:
2c semisweet or dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% cocoa)
2c dried cherries
1c raw almonds
fine sea salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Spread your nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant.  Let cool (alternatively buy dry roasted unsalted almonds).
2. In a large microwavable bowl, pour in chocolate chips.  Cook for 1 minute at a time, stirring between each minute until chocolate is melted and smooth.  Let cool slightly.
3. Stir in almonds and dried cherries.
4. On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop rounded chocolate almond cherry clusters in mounds.  Sprinkle the tops with a pinch of sea salt.  Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes, or until hard and set.  Then serve and store at room temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment