|Tasty homemade gorditas are right at your fingertips|
|Add some avocado and cilantro for a satisfying lunch salad|
1/2c yellow onion, diced
1/2c bell peppers (any color), diced
2tbs organic butter
12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1tbs chili powder
1tbs minced garlic
1/2tsp garlic powder
1/4c chicken stock
1/2tsp salt (more to taste if your tomatoes are less salty)
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chiles (I used Trader Joe's brand)
Directions for All:
1. Saute onion and bell peppers in butter until onion is translucent and soft.
2. In a food processor or blender, blend canned tomatoes, all spices, broth, and your can of tomatoes. Add your cooked onion and bell pepper and blend/pulse until smooth.
Slow Cooker Directions:
3. Place chicken thighs at the bottom of a slow cooker in a single layer. Pour liquid over the chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. You may want to reduce the sauce when you are done (by placing it in a saucepan and boiling it until thick).. your call. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and serve however you please.
3. Preheat oven to 375F. Place chicken in a large casserole dish in a single layer. Pour sauce over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Shred chicken and serve.
3. Brown your chicken thighs on both sides with some oil or butter. Then pour your sauce over the top, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until chicken is done (maybe 30 minutes). Uncover and continue to cook if you want your sauce thicker. Shred chicken with 2 forks and serve.
Shredded lettuce, diced tomato, salsa, sour cream, diced avocado or guacamole and always cilantro!
Gordita Ideas: (recipe here)
Shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, shredded lettuce, chopped cilantro