Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tomato Basil Pork Loin with Vegetables

This is another one of my simple slow cooker treasures:  wonderfully tender and lean pork loin simmered in a tomato basil sauce piled high with veggies.  As you probably know by now, I love throwing things in a crock pot and having dinner ready several hours later.  It's so easy!  You won't believe how delicious this simple recipe is until you try it.  For your busy lifestyle: you're welcome.

For carb loving families, try serving this with Sauteed Garlic Potatoes on the side

 Ingredients:
2-3lb pork loin, washed and pat dry
1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into large pieces
2 zucchini, washed and cut into large pieces
1 can tomato sauce (I used Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce)
3tbs fresh basil, chopped
2tsp dried oregano
2tbs fresh parsley, chopped
Salt to taste, if needed (I actually didn't add any myself but I know that you salt-lovers will need to add some)

Directions:
1. In a large crock pot, place pork in the center.  Surround and cover the pork with veggies. 
2. In a bowl, mix tomato sauce, oregano, parsley, and basil.  Pour sauce over the veggies and pork.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until pork is tender.  Serve hot (I told you it was easy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment