|A decadent mix of seafood, veggies and a grain free nut topping with a rich coconut sauce|
1lb wild caught salmon
1/3c macadamia nuts
1/4c pure coconut flour
1tbs extra virgin coconut oil
2tbs coconut milk (full fat, not light)
1 bunch asparagus
macadamia nut oil
For the curry drizzle:
1 can full fat coconut milk (take 2tbs out for the fish topping)
1tbs red curry paste (gluten free)
2tsp lemon grass
1tsp curry powder
1/2tsp gluten & msg free chicken base powder
sea salt to taste
1. Heat oven to 400F. In a food processor, pulse nuts until finely chopped. In a bowl, mix nuts, coconut flour, and a bit of salt.
2. Place the salmon, skin side down, on a baking sheet. Top each fillet with coconut milk and spread evenly (will help the coating stick). Then press some of the nut mixture onto the fillet so it is evenly coated (you will have some left over). Warm up the coconut oil (hard at room temp) and drizzle over the fillets. This will help the coating brown.
3. Meanwhile, toss the asparagus in some macadamia nut oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
|The finished dish: decadent and healthy at the same time!|
5. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the coconut milk in a sauce pan until warm. Add the rest of the seasoning and whisk well. Continue to heat until hot. Taste and adjust as needed.
6. To serve, place the fish and asparagus on a plate. Drizzle with curry sauce and sprinkle a bit of the leftover nut mixture over the asparagus, if desired.