|So good one slice is never enough!|
2lb ground beef (organic and grass fed if you can find it; mine was 15% fat)
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1 small yellow onion, grated
1 small zucchini, grated
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp poultry seasoning
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 small can tomato paste
1 chipotle chile in adobo with 2tsp adobo sauce from the can
a splash of El Pato tomato sauce to thin out the sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. In a large bowl, add your veggies to the beaten eggs. Then add seasonings (garlic, poultry, salt and pepper). Mix well.
2. Add in your ground beef and mix well with your hands until combined.
3. Press into an 8x4" loaf pan and place in the oven for an hour (or internal temp is 160F).
4. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine tomato paste and chipotle chile (adding a bit of tomato sauce to thin it out if needed). Note: This katsup is VERY spicy. If you don't like spice, remove all the seeds from the chili before processing or just use the adobo sauce for the smokiness.
5. Remove the meatloaf and scrape/pour off the fat. Then spread the katsup over the meatloaf evenly and bake 5-10 minutes longer (until hot and baked on). Serve warm.