Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gluten Free Pepperoni and Pineapple Pizza

In Omaha, I've had Sam and Louie's gluten free pizza.  I've also had La Casa gluten free pizza.  Both taste like pizza on a cracker... which is okay... but I miss that thick chewy pizza crust loaded with sauce, cheese and toppings.  So while my mother was out here visiting, we embarked on our own pizza making adventure with one goal in mind:  to make the best gluten free pizza around.  I think we succeeded (proof in the fact there wasn't a slice left at the end of the night): 


Pepperoni and pineapple:  our family's favorite toppings!

 Ingredients:
1 package Pamela's Wheat-Free Bread Mix
1/4c oil, plus more for top
2c Italian blend five cheese, shredded
2c mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 jar of your favorite pizza sauce (or make your own with tomato sauce and Italian herbs)
1 can pineapple chunks in their own juice
Sliced pepperoni (I don't know how many I used, I just bought a package and filled up the pizza)
Fresh shaved parmesan and red pepper flakes for serving (optional)

Directions:
1. Follow directions on package for making chewy pizza crust (or look here)
2. After baking the pizza crust.  Add pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings and put back in the oven at 375F until the crust is done and cheese is melted.  Top with red pepper flakes and fresh shaved parmesan for serving.

I started with 2 slices, but ended up eating 4!!

No comments:

Post a Comment