|This cake is rich and silky perfect for a special occasion or ordinary weeknights alike!|
Find the original recipe here
1 cup whipping cream
2 1/2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
7 large eggs
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line the inside of a 9" springform cake pan with parchment paper. Wrap the outside of the pan in foil covering the bottom and sides.
2. In a medium sauce pan, heat the cream over low. When it's hot, add the chocolate and butter in pieces and whisk until melted and glossy. Remove from heat.
In a medium sauce pan, gently heat the cream over low heat. When the cream is fairly hot, melt the chocolate chips by adding them slowly to the pan as you whisk. Add the butter, in pieces. Whisk until the chocolate and butter are melted. Add the vanilla extract. As soon as the mixture is melted, smooth, and glossy remove it from the heat and let cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and salt until the eggs are foamy and doubled in volume.
4. Slowly add the cooling chocolate mixture to the eggs and beat gently until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in the center of the oven for 45min-1hr or until the cake is set, cracked, and appears loose in the center.
6. Cool cake to room temperature and then lightly cover and chill overnight.
7. Release gently from the spring-form pan and serve with whipped cream and fresh berries (optional).